The red running shoes has been with me day one of 2012 and I’ve used it for training here at our village park. I’m grateful for Skechers Philippines for giving me an opportunity to try GOrun and experience the technology and innovation these babies have.
Before anything else, I would like to introduce you first to my pair:
Independent circular sensors give your feet 360 degree responsive flexibility.
6.9 oz for men and 4.9 oz for women. No extra material. No extra weight. Nothing to slow you down.
Curved bottom shifts the point of impact forward to create mid-foot strike and promote natural motion.
Advanced Resalyte Technology
Proprietary lightweight. injection-molded compound with memory retention.
Organic natural last – wider through the ball of the foor with a lower heel drop – - moves the center of pressure forward.
- 0 -
My only concern before I got hold of them, “Will I not suffer pain under my foot because the shoes are way too thin and flat?” Because this is the first time that I’ll be donning a minimalist shoe.
My First Impression:
Aside from the bright colors they have (which I love), I liked the feeling that I can wiggle my toes inside the shoes because of the wide toe box and you can really feel the air flowing inside the shoes.
My Views About The Shoes:
- They are really lightweight.
- I love the current available colors. This is actually my first bright-colored pair.
- Roomy toe box that allows me to move my toes while standing and walking.
- They are extremely flexible and allows you to use your feet and allow it to help you move forward.
- For someone who was used to using thick soles like me, using these shoes will need you to do some adjustments. So proper break in is needed.
- Since it has thin soles, my first step on sharp stones was a shock! Since then I try not to pass by rough roads. Apparently, I got used to it and didn’t mind stepping on stones once in a while.
- It caused pain on my calves during break in probably because I changed my foot strike. Tip: Follow the barefoot run training. It really helped me to adjust faster on these shoes.
- I’ve worn these shoes with and without socks. No blisters or signs of.
- It helped me run uphill better.
- Did not feel any pain under my feet even with the thin soles that come with it.
- After using it for trainings and a race, the soles are still okay and no signs of early tears.
- The shoes comes with 2 pairs of laces, one white and the other red. I think it is dependent on your shoe color.
- It does not have the awkward and the bar-like feel of the SmartShoe compared to the ProSpeed; felt it only on the first ride.
- The cut heel of the shoes makes it perfect for driving too!
- They dry easily after washing.
- Just recently I used the pair during the Go Natural Run in BGC and I’m pleased with the results and how I was able to finish the race relaxed and not feeling any soreness from my legs.
- If you are more comfortable with shoes with cushioning, try using their ProSpeed. I’ve tried running on them on treadmill during the launch; it will give you the same effect of mid-foot running but with proper cushioning.
- I usually run late afternoon till night. Maybe reflectors can be added on the next models.
- Add more colors please!!!!
- The price of the GOrun shoes are cheaper compared to other leading brands of running shoes.
- Will I recommend it? Of course. This is one of the most comfortable running shoes I’ve had and one of my favorites.
For more information about the Skechers GOrun shoes, you may visit their websote at http://www.skechers.com/info/go-run or their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SkechersPhilippines and http://www.facebook.com/SkechersFitnessPhilippines
Go to any Skechers store/outlet and try one now!